Alexandra Echsner-Rasmussen received her B.A. in Political Science and International Relations from Saint Louis University, Madrid. She received her J.D. and a certificate in International Law from Florida State University College of Law Cum Laude. She is trained as a 200-hour yoga hatha teacher and graduated with her M.S. in Counseling and Psychology with a certification in addiction counseling from Troy University. She completed training in EMDR therapy in the spring of 2022.
Alexandra has worked on a vast array of pharmaceutical product and medical device mass tort cases. She has considerable experience preparing for depositions of key witnesses in mass tort litigations. She was a trial team member for a Xarelto bellwether jury trial in Jackson, Mississippi, and in Pennsylvania state court. The results of the trials ultimately led to a global settlement of the Xarelto MDL.
Additional litigations that Alexandra has worked on include the representation of women who suffered personal injuries from the birth control implant Essure and consumers and businesses in claims against Skanska for damages sustained from the destruction of the Pensacola Bay Bridge. She has worked on the national multidistrict litigation against the manufacturers of Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPIs).
Alexandra is and has been an active member of the Mental Health and Wellness Committee of the Florida Bar since Summer 2018. She is a member of the Escambia-Santa Rosa Bar Association, the American Association for Justice, Women En Mass, and the Society of Women Trial Lawyers. Alexandra is the Chair of the Florida Chapter of the Mindfulness in Law Society.
Alexandra is a huge proponent for providing trauma-informed legal services and therapy. She has written extensively about lawyer and law student well-being and has had various speaking engagements and CLE courses on the topic.
- Saint Louis University, Madrid Campus, B.A. in Political Science and International Relations, Spanish
- Florida State University College of Law, Juris Doctor and Certificate in International Law
- Troy University, M.S. in Counseling and Psychology with a certification in addiction counseling
- Florida Bar 2016
- Florida Bar
- Mental Health and Wellness Committee of the Florida Bar, Committee Member
- Escambia-Santa Rosa Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Women En Mass
- Society of Women Trial Lawyers
- American Counseling Association
Awards & Recognitions
- Book Award recipient for Int’l Human Rights, Florida State University College of Law, Spring 2014
- Tame the Fear: Preparing for the Bar Exam Amidst a Global Pandemic, Ms. JD, June 4, 2020
- 2 Weeks from the Bar Exam, Lawganic, February 11, 2020
- Setting Yourself Up For Success on the Bar Exam From Day One, Ms. JD, December 19, 2019
- A Few Ways to Keep Your Efficiency and Productivity High When YouWork from Home, The Young Lawyer, November 02, 2018 (website no longer active)
- Keeping Yourself in Check Both Mentally and Physically During Trial, The Young Lawyer, September 06, 2018 (website no longer active)
- Yoga at Your Desk, The Young Lawyer, August 07, 2018 (website no longer active)
- Five Ways to Decompress After a Busy Day at the Office, The Young Lawyer, July 02, 2018 (website no longer active)
- A Few Great Ways to Lift Your Mood While Preparing for the Bar Exam, The Young Lawyer, June 08, 2018 (website no longer active)
- Starting a Meditation Practice as a Young Lawyer When You (Think You) Have No Time, The Young Lawyer, May 22, 2018 (website no longer active)
- A Few Energetic Snacks to Keep on Hand as Busy Law Student, The Young Lawyer, May 04, 2018 (website no longer active)
- Staying Organized as a Young Lawyer, The Young Lawyer, April 24, 2018 (website no longer active)
- Successfully Practicing Gratitude and Law in 2018, Ms. JD, January 14, 2018
- Staying in Your Natural Beet During Trial, The Florida Bar News, November 06, 2017
- How to Keep Your Cool While You Wait for Bar Results, Ms. JD, September 01, 2017
- You Have Decided to Re-Take the Bar. What Next?, Ms. JD, May 06, 2017
- Four Steps to Help You Cope with Bar Exam Failure, Ms. JD, April 13, 2017
- Tips for Feeling Your Best Self as a First Year Law Student, Ms. JD, March 02, 2017