Sex trafficking, as terrible of a phrase as it sounds, is really just a nice way of saying sex slavery . . . children, women, men, all enslaved and forced to perform sex acts to make money for their captors. No race, color, gender, sexual orientation, or age is immune. It has also come to light that sex trafficking is more prevalent and pervasive than anyone would have ever imagined ten years ago.
Recent events have revealed some high-powered, prominent individuals caught up and arrested in Florida in connection with a sex trafficking ring. Robert Kraft, the billionaire owner of the 2019 Super Bowl champions, New England Patriots, was just arrested for soliciting prostitution in connection with a multi-agency sex trafficking investigation. Along with Kraft, others arrested in connection with this sex trafficking investigation include John Havens (former president of Citigroup), John Childs (billionaire private equity owner), and Kenneth Wessell (president of John’s Island Foundation, and until a few days ago, a board member for the Boys & Girls Club of Indian River County). According to the Boys & Girls Club website, Wessel resigned on Thursday, February 21, 2019, a day after his arrest, which garnered significant media attention.
We hope that those oppressed by this sex trafficking organization are swiftly rescued and receive the support and treatment they need to overcome the trauma they’ve had to endure. We also hope that those responsible for these atrocities are prosecuted to the fullest extent. We also encourage anyone who has been the victim of sex trafficking to reach out to a qualified attorney to help guide them through the legal processes, which include seeking justice from all parties involved in the trafficking. As evidenced by these recent arrests, no one is above the law.
- Kraft Charges Reveal a Sordid World Thriving in Florida
- New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft charged as a ‘john’ in human trafficking/prostitution investigation
- New England Patriots Owner And Billionaire Robert Kraft Charged With Soliciting Prostitution
- Ex-Citigroup President Havens Caught Up in Prostitution Probe
- John Childs Of JW Childs Charged In Florida Prostitution Sting
- Ex-Citigroup President & Boys and Girls Club sponsor caught in prostitution sting
- Florida human trafficking: Billionaire equity firm owner John Childs wanted on prostitution charge in Vero Beach
- Prominent Treasure Coast man caught in prostitution case
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Indian River County