Jennifer M. Hoekstra
Jennifer M. Hoekstra is a partner with Aylstock, Witkin, Kreis & Overholtz, PLLC. A native of Saint Paul, Minnesota, Ms. Hoekstra boasts an impressive academic and professional record, including graduation from two of the nation’s top schools. She earned her Bachelor of Arts in Environmental Science from Columbia College, Columbia University in the City of New York. She relocated to Louisiana to attend Tulane Law School, where she earned her J.D. while also completing a certificate in Environmental Law. During her law school career, she spent a semester studying at the University of Wisconsin School of Law and visited on their International Law Journal as a Junior Member during her Hurricane Katrina evacuation semester.
Ms. Hoekstra has been involved in complex litigation cases of all forms since 2007. Ms. Hoekstra has earned a solid reputation as a skilled writer and researcher, and plays an integral role in several complex litigation cases, practicing in the areas of Pharmaceutical Mass Torts, Defective Device Mass Torts, and other complex litigation. She is currently a member of the Proton-Pump Inhibitors Plaintiff Executive Committee and the 3M Earplugs MDL Discovery and ESI Committee.
Jennifer was central to the successful outcome in bellwether trials in the Genetically Modified Rice, Actos and DePuy Pinnacle Hip MDLs with more than $11 Billion in trial verdicts resulting from those cases. She has actively served as trial counsel or an integral member of the trial team in several of the 3M Earplug trials securing nearly $300 Million in compensatory damages for military veterans.
She is licensed to practice before all Louisiana state and federal courts and the U.S. District Courts for the Northern District of Texas and Eastern District of Missouri as well as the 5th and 8th Circuit Courts. She is a member of the American Bar Association, the Louisiana Bar Association, the Acadiana Federal Bar Association, the Alexandria Louisiana Bar Association and the American Association for Justice. She is a member of Women En Mass, founding member of the board for the Society Women Trial Lawyers and was also a member of the inaugural 2018 Board of Directors for Emerge Louisiana.
Areas of Practice
- Columbia College, Columbia University, 2001, Bachelor of Arts in Environmental Science
- Tulane Law School, 2007, Juris Doctorate
- All Louisiana Federal and State Courts
- United States District Courts for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Courts for the Eastern District of Missouri
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice (Co-Chair of Metal on Metal Hip Litigation)
- Former President of the First Circuit Trial
- Lawyers Association
- Escambia-Santa Rosa County Bar Association
Awards & Recognitions
- A “Top-Rated Class Action & Mass Torts Attorney” by Super Lawyers® 2016-2019