Lyons Magnus Recall
Due To The Potential For Microbial Contamination Lyons Magnus Voluntarily Recalls 53 Nutritional and Beverage Products
The organism Cronobacter sakazakii has caused the company Lyons Magnus LLC to voluntarily recall nutritional and beverage products. The list of recalled products does not include products intended for infants (i.e. under the age of one). While infection related to Cronobacter sakazakii is rare, the common symptoms of illness could include fever, vomiting and urinary tract infection. However, vulnerable and immunocompromised populations may be more susceptible to infection. To date, no illnesses or complaints related to these products have been reported. The recalled products should not be consumed.
FDA on Recall
“Preliminary root cause analysis shows that the products did not meet commercial sterility specifications,” the FDA said in its recall notice.
Anyone who has a recalled product in his or her possession should dispose of it immediately or return it to the place of purchase for a refund. Consumers in all time zones with questions may contact the Lyons Recall Support Center 24/7 at 1-800-627-0557. This recall is being conducted in cooperation with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration
What Does This Mean For The Public?
Anyone who has a recalled product in his or her possession should dispose of it immediately or return it to the place of purchase for a refund. The products currently being recalled are as follows:
- Lyons Ready Care
- Lyons ready Care 2.0 High Calorie High Protein Nutritional Drink: Butter Pecan, Chocolate, Vanilla
- Lyons Barista Style: Almond, Coconut, Oat non-dairy beverages
- Pirq Plant Protein: Decadent Chocolate, Caramel Coffee, Golden Vanilla, Very Strawberry
- Glucerna Original (sold only at Costco, BJ’s and Sam’s Club): Chocolate, Strawberry, Vanilla
- Aloha Plant-Based Protein: Chocolate Sea Salt, Coconut, Vanilla, Iced Coffee
- Intelligensia: Cold Coffee, Oat Latte
- Kate Farms Pediatric Standard: Vanilla
- Oatly: Oat Milk Barista Edition
- Premier Protein: Chocolate, Vanilla, Cafe Latte
- MRE protein shakes: Cookies & Cream, Chocolate, Salted Caramel, Vanilla
- Stumptown Cold Brew Coffee With Oat Milk: Original, Horchata, Chocolate, Cream & Sugar Original
- Imperial: Med Plus 2.0: Vanilla, Butter Pecan
To view the full details of this recall, download the PDF here.