Mary Liu joined AWKO in 2012. After graduating from the University of Florida in 1994 with a Bachelor of Science, Mary spent the first 13 years of her career in management consulting, executive coaching, and human resources. In 2010, Mary graduated Summa Cum Laude while earning her J.D. from the Nova Southeastern University School of Law, ranking in the top 2% of her graduating class.
Mary focuses her practice on sexual assault, social media addiction, medical device, and pharmaceutical litigation. Mary is leading AWKO’s nationwide Catholic clergy, Southern Baptist, and Boy Scouts sexual abuse and assault litigations, as well as the firm’s social media online child exploitation litigation. Further, Mary was appointed by United States District Court Judge Yvonne Gonzalez Rogers of the Northern District of California to serve on the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee in the nationwide Social Media Adolescent Addiction/Personal Injury Products Liability Litigation, where she helps lead hundreds of lawsuits involving Meta, Snap, TikTok, and YouTube’s social media products. Mary is passionate about representing victims and survivors, and giving them a strong platform to have their stories heard.
Prior to joining AWKO, Mary served as an Assistant Attorney General for the State of Florida, representing the state in civil prosecutions of cases involving child abuse, abandonment, and neglect. Mary also ran a successful family law practice, representing clients in cases involving the dissolution of marriage and domestic partnerships, child custody and support, and grandparent visitation disputes. In addition to her extensive experience as a practicing attorney, Mary also served as an Assistant Professor of Law at Irvine University College of Law, where she taught courses in Civil Procedure and Community Property.
Mary is licensed to practice law in Florida and California. She is currently serving on the Board of Directors for Child USA, the national think tank for child protection. Mary is also serving as a co-chair for the American Association for Justice’s CDA Section 230 litigation group, which is dedicated to representing victims and survivors of online exploitation.
Areas of Practice
- University of Florida, 1994, Bachelor’s of Science in Advertising
- Nova Southeastern University School of Law, 2010, Juris Doctorate (Summa Cum Laude)
- All California State Courts
- All Florida State Courts
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Central, Southern, and Eastern Districts of California
- United States District Courts for the Southern and Middle Districts of Florida
- Board of Directors for Child USA
- American Association for Justice
- Co-chair of CDA Section 230 Litigation Group
- National Crime Victim Bar Association
- State Bar of California
- Florida Bar Association
- Escambia-Santa Rosa Bar Association
Awards & Recognitions
- AAJ Certificate of Recognition 2022
- CDA Section 230 Presentations
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards in Lawyering Skills & Values I and II, Wills and Trusts, and Nonprofit Organizations
- Shepard Broad Merit Scholarship